Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Interesting Mac Virus situation outlined here: linky. Facts such as: there are no viruses for OS X, there are literally over 100,000 viruses for Windows. Pretty interesting reading.

In other PC related news, I upgraded W2k on my work pc to WXP, it's a P4 2.6ghz/512mb/40gb hard drive machine, and now that it's got WXP on it's flipping slow! (Yeah I know it's best to do a fresh install but that would've taken ages, and upgrades should work, otherwise they shouldn't offer the feature.)

And a general appeal: does anyone know where I can buy one of these? (I know you can buy them in Singapore airport, but as I'm unlikely to be passing by Singapore airport anytime soon, I doubt I'll be able to get one).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No it's some kind of nodding creature. Got 512mb on the machine still slow.

Anonymous said...

if you re-read my post, you'll notice i've listed my work pc's specs as P4-2.6ghz, 512mb, 40gb hd. :) I think it's just knackered coz i've upgraded it rather than a fresh install.

Matt said...

i find it difficult to believe that no one has written viruses for mac. I reckon there's enough bugs in there to just have normal software being irritating enough. That crazy frog ringtone would be a good vector.