Friday, July 01, 2005

Megapixel myth?* What do you think - If you could get an 8 megapixel camera for the same price as a 4,5 or 6 megapixel camera - would you get one, and why? Would you pay £300 for an 8 megapixel camera, instead of paying £200 for a 6 megapixel camera?

Black and White photography - do you bother taking photos in black and white? If you do, when would you use black and white instead of colour, and if you don't, why do you only shoot in colour?

* no one really answered the question here so I thought I'd make a fresh topic about it.

2 comments:

Matt said...

I'd been using a 2 megapixel camera for ages. And printing the stuff out at 6x4 or 7x5. and it generally looked sharper and clearer than 35mm compact cameras. So the only time I need more is when I'm doing some enlargement/cropping [not very often then] or when then image is for a desktop background.

Matt said...

Also, imagine a square 2 x 2 cm. Area = 4 squares. If you have area = 16 squares, the edges of the square would be 4cm. What I mean is, you need an 8megapixel camera to have twice the resolution of a 2megapixel camera. Its useful to have that much 'spare' resolution.