Friday, January 09, 2004

So I assembled a copmuter and it doesn't go. What happens is it powers up the cpu fan spins, and thats about it. No keyboard lights, no monitor sync, no post etc, won't power off.

Heres a list of the parts and any possible problems,

  • Case and PSU - did the same thing to / with another mobo
  • Mobo, second hand came wrapped in a NORMAL plastic bag not anti-static
  • CPU PIII 733 supplied by Josh untested
  • 2 x 128 MB PC133 sheep also supplied by Josh untested

    Ye gads where do I start :)

    Also I have a Fujitsu 4.3 gig hdd supplied by Josh that ran like a total dog, like it some how magically went into super slow or sleep mode.

    Suprise suprise, I also have a near identical Fujitsu 4.3 gig hdd, that I bought second hand, it was simply described as "Hard drive 4.3 gigs" like I would have touched it if it said Fujitsu.

    I also have a Gigabyte socket A mobo (replaced under warranty) that showed the same fault, but the "replacement" does the same thing. Unt a Duron cpu 1.0 or 1.1 gig I think.

    Should I just give up?

    What should I do?

    I bought a mouse and keyboard and UDMA cable for this alledged pc as well.

    Posted for your amusement rather than any sensible suggestions.
  • No comments: