Friday, February 17, 2006

Switch from Firefox to Opera

So Firefox 1.5 - it's slow, uses lots of memory (currently 87mb), always trys to save stuff to your desktop*, crashes more than previous versions, and is using 45-71% of my CPU simply because I'm trying to download 4 things at the same time!

It's known to have memory leak problems, and people have even written articles on how to fix the problems. But I think I'd rather switch to opera for it's tabbed browsing goodness, it's nice download manager, and it's lovely "I remember where you were last time you used me" feature.

* yes I know you can get round this, but I don't like how it defaults to your desktop

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

opera's free now :) j

Anonymous said...

i wrote some stuff here about how there was no memory leak, its a back cache, how to channge your save to.. location.. but oh well [matt]