Thursday, May 10, 2007

Lemmings for Windows Shareware and Digital Cameras

and a cheap ultra compact digital camera £105 (or £10 off with google checkout) - and you get an ultra compact 7 megapixel digital camera with a 3x optical zoom lens, 2.5" screen, and MPEG4 DIVX video recording...

or perhaps you'd like to spend £23 on an "Alba / Bush" 2 megapixel digital camera... (it's based on the Minolta E2300 from like 7 years ago...), there's quite a lot on there under £40. But ASDA had the some of the best deals, the Canon Powershot something (4mp, 4x optical) for £40. Although if you do want a great camera for around £100, then you can't go wrong with the Fuji F20, or any Canon.

6 comments:

Dodgey Phil said...

While I am trying not to buy another camera, I'll confess the Pentax looks smashing. My Casio one is made of metal, and I do hope my next will be too - nice to know it can take a little abuse. Casio takes far too many pink tinted shots now, so maybe I should replace it, or read the manual and see if there's a feature I'm turning on by accident that I know nothing of.

Anonymous said...

The Fuji f20 will take better quality images - but the pentax does do divx videos. :) Personally I'd recommend the fuji f20 if you wanna spend around £100. I noticed that on your casio... weird! :)

Dodgey Phil said...

Oooo, but the Fuji f20 has that Super CCD thing. From what I remember that kind of confuses the mega-pixels thing - doesn't the camera have to manipulate the captured image to get it into a standard rectangular pixel array? Presumably this has a curious effect on the quality/size of the resulting pictures?

Anonymous said...

Yeah it used to be that they made 6mp sensor images into 12mp images. But now they make 6mp sensor images into 6mp images, and they are among the best available - seriously good quality, good colour, very good detail (better than most 7 or 8mp cameras), and excellent low light ability with low noise WAY better than the competition. Read some of the reviews on digicamreview of the Fuji F cameras (F10, F30, F40fd, and soon the F20). Josh

Matt said...

xzjach. I like my camera. But it won't play lemmings - I am a bit disappointed about that. Should we start a campaign to get the game converted??

Joshua said...

there's a firmware for canon cameras with the "digic II" chip that lets them play backgammon and you get RAW image support and all sorts of other add-ons... link.