Thursday, January 06, 2005

To Ugrade Or Not Upgrade that is the question

To Ugrade Or Not Upgrade that is the question?

Wether it is better, to leave things that aren't broke alone. Or to insert some more memoery only.

Heres what started the thought process, Ram for sale on trade me, another link

I run a Linux box as the server / gateway / firewall / bandwidth throttle / web server / network sniffer, plus it does seti.
It currently has 512Meg of ram, a 40 Gig 5400rpm HDD, and a Celeron 1.2 cpu 100Mhz FSB 256Meg cache.

Or should I go the whole hogg. I have mother boards comming out of my ears. I'm sure I could find a suitable socket A mother board, maybe even for a newer 333 FSB Sempron cpu.

AMD Sempron 2400+
Or AMD Athlon XP2000+ the advantage there being I know I have a working mother board for one of those.

And 2 lots of 512MB PC3200 DDR400 RAM

No comments: