Sunday, December 28, 2003

grrr windows xp is craptastic!. click start, because you want to get to your programs, you have to go to "all programs", ok that's minor, go to control panel, it's got all the different things in different sections, click "switch to classic view" to get the usual view - why not just have this as the default anyway? want to find a file? click start and then search, a stupid dog comes up and says "what do you want to search for? pictures, music or video, documents, etc etc" when I actually just want to search! I don't want a stupid dog coming up and asking me what I want to search for, I just want to search - if I wanted to search for a specific thing such as images, I'd put the .jpg extension! Another thing, they don't have the "My Computer" icon on the desktop as a default - why not?! Grrr - everything they've added to WinXP is just another step in slowing you down when you're trying to use the computer - and yes I know you can customise it so it's just like Win2000 - but I shouldn't have to - I just don't get what Microsoft were thinking when they made Windows XP - they've made it slower and more difficult to use! They even removed the "quicklaunch" thing from the toolbar (yes i know you can turn it on) - but why remove it from being there as default? It makes using the computer easier! //end rant...

no wait - Windows XP and the stupid Activation! Yes I've just changed the motherboard on the computer - what you want me to re-activate windows!!! WHY!?!? Ok, lets try this then, yes I'd like to do it over the internet - oh but wait, windows doesn't let you get to the desktop to configure you network card and internet connection settings - so you can't activate it over the internet, you have to phone up microsoft and tell them or type in a 50-digit long number, and then they'll tell you another 50-digit number you have to type into the computer...! and then if you change some other stuff in the computer again (like the motherboard, because it might have been faulty) you have to go through ALL this again and this time you manage to try and get onto the internet to activate windows, and it pretends to be working, you think great, this'll be easy, but then after it's checked on the internet it says you have to ring someone up!! GRRR Windows XP I hate you!!

No comments: