Monday, December 08, 2003

Dennis publishing - I officially hate your guts :)

Last time I subscribed to MacUser, then cancelled the subscribtion, I made sure I ticked all of the boxes to say I did not want any mail from any other companies, yet as soon as I had cancelled my subscription, I started recieving junk mail from other companies. I phoned them, and they said the list was from Dennis publishing, I phoned Dennis publishing, and they removed me from the list ! Hoorah!

More recently I subscribed to MacUser (again) for 3 months, making sure I ticked all the boxes that said I didn't want mail from other companies, after 3 months I cancelled the subscription, then about a month or 2 later I got some junk mail from Sky, and some today from MacWarehouse... So I phoned sky, they didn't know where the address came from (!!?!), I phoned MacWarehouse, they said they've recently bought a few lists... So I phoned Dennis publishing and spoke to Jackie (who I spoke to last time this happened) and she said she'd remove me from the lists... I should have asked why I was on the lists, but from these 2 experiences I assume they automatically add you to the lists when you stop subscribing to them...

No comments: